Fat Grafting for Effective Facial Cosmetic Surgery
By dustinheringer on September 01, 2015
In our society, the word “fat” is almost a taboo subject. However, a certain amount of well-positioned fat cells is important for your overall appearance. As you get older, you can lose fat in key areas, such as your cheeks. In response, your face will lose its natural, youthful proportions. In other cases, you may have been born with thin lips or other undefined areas. In these and several other situations, fat grafting may be the most beneficial form of facial cosmetic surgery. Dr. Heringer can use this treatment to give your face more volume and definition. Transferred fat cells can also fill in deep creases and scars. Following your procedure, you could look much younger, but the results will still be subtle and natural. To learn more about facial fat grafting uses, contact our Scottsdale practice today.
How Fat Grafting Can Enhance Your Face
Fat grafting can achieve diverse effects. The uses of this treatment include:
- Restoring volume to your cheeks, chin, and the area under your eyes. These spots often start to sag as you get older.
- Enhancing thin lips. Fat grafting can restore youthful fullness or improve the look of naturally narrow lips.
- Filling in deep creases, particularly around the mouth and nose
- Giving your chin and/or jawline more definition
- Filling in depressed facial scars
Are You a Candidate for Fat Grafting?
If you want to achieve any of the results described above, you may be a good candidate for fat grafting. However, there are several additional considerations when you are choosing the right cosmetic treatment. This procedure may be the optimal solution if:
- You have overall good health
- You are a non-smoker
- You have suitable areas of your body for fat donation
- You still have good skin elasticity
What to Expect during Treatment
After ensuring that fat grafting is the most appropriate option, Dr. Heringer will use liposuction to remove fat cells from another area of your body. The most common places for fat donation include the stomach, hips, thighs, and upper arms. If you are troubled by unwanted fat deposits, liposuction can smooth and refine these areas.
After removing the fat cells, Dr. Heringer will place them in a powerful centrifuge. The centripetal force will separate the pure fat from the surrounding tissues and fluids. Then your doctor will inject these cells in the treatment area. He will work meticulously, injecting cells at varying locations to achieve smooth, discreet results.
The Benefits of Fat Grafting
There are several effective surgeries and dermal fillers that can give you a more youthful appearance. Nevertheless, fat grafting offers some unique advantages. The benefits of this treatment include:
- Dr. Heringer can remove unwanted fat from other parts of your body at the same time.
- There is virtually no risk of allergic reaction, since your doctor will enhance your appearance using your own tissues.
- Fat grafting involves less discomfort and recovery time than other, more extensive procedures.
- The results typically last longer than dermal fillers.
- Dr. Heringer can perform fat grafting in conjunction with other skin treatments, such as laser skin resurfacing or BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Find Out if Facial Fat Grafting Is Right for You
To schedule a cosmetic consultation, contact Arizona Ocular and Facial Plastic Surgery today.
Related to This
It's hard to find a great ocular plastic surgeon; Dr Heringer is one of them.Wanda C.