There was a time when it was considered somewhat taboo for people of either gender to undergo cosmetic plastic surgery and be open about their decision. Then, sometime in the early 1990s, it became more publicly acceptable for women to have plastic surgery, while it remained less acceptable for men. Of course, men did undergo plastic surgery, especially facial plastic surgery; however, they weren’t really supposed to talk about it.
Times have changed, thankfully. Cosmetic plastic surgery is now socially acceptable for both genders, with men comprising 13 percent of all cosmetic surgical procedures performed in 2014 according to the most recent statistics published by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. As has been the case for years, facial plastic surgery remains the most popular type of plastic surgery among men, particularly rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), and facelift. Drs. Dustin Heringer and William McLeish are pleased to offer these and other popular male facial plastic surgery procedures at their Scottsdale practice, Arizona Ocular and Facial Plastic Surgery.
If you are a male in search of a facial plastic surgeon that can achieve natural-looking results whatever your cosmetic needs and goals, please schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Heringer or Dr. McLeish at Arizona Ocular and Facial Plastic Surgery today.
Top Five Male Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons 2014 National Clearinghouse of Plastic Surgery Procedural Statistics, the following were the top five facial plastic surgery procedures among males in 2014:
- Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty): 54,680 procedures performed, accounting for 25 percent of all rhinoplasties performed in 2014.
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty): 29,402 procedures performed, accounting for 14 percent of all blepharoplasties performed.
- Facelift: 11,851 procedures performed, accounting for 9 percent of all facelifts performed.
- Chin Augmentation: 9,532 procedures performed, accounting for 53 percent of all chin augmentations performed.
- Ear Surgery (Otoplasty): 9,119 procedures performed, accounting for 41 percent of all otoplasties performed.
While facial plastic surgery has always been relatively popular among male patients, there has been a steady rise in popularity among non-surgical facial rejuvenation among males. Again, according to American Society of Plastic Surgeons 2014 National Clearinghouse of Plastic Surgery Procedural Statistics:
- 410,913 men underwent injectable therapy with BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport®, an increase of 7 percent over 2013 and 337 percent over 2000.
- 98,629 men had a chemical peel in 2014. Although this represents roughly half the men who had chemical peels in 2000, this can be attributed to the dramatic increase in non-surgical alternatives to facial blemishes that have been introduced to the market since then. It also represents an increase of 4 percent over 2013.
- 49,931 men underwent injectable therapy with hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers such as Restylane® and Juvéderm®, an increase of 5 percent over 2013.
All of the procedures listed above, and many more, are available at Arizona Ocular and Facial Plastic Surgery. Our esteemed plastic surgeons customize all procedures to meet the unique needs and goals of each individual patient. As a male patient, you can rest assured that our surgeons will personalize your surgery to enhance the masculine contours of your face.
Learn More about Male Plastic Surgery Today
To learn more about male plastic surgery, please contact Arizona Ocular and Facial Plastic Surgery today.