The face is one of the first areas to begin showing signs of aging, such as sagging skin and wrinkles.
A facelift performed at Arizona Ocular and Facial Plastic Surgery can reduce the signs of aging, helping you look as young as you feel.
So why should you consider a facelift?
Let's explore your facelift options...
Curious about the results other patients have achieved?
Wondering who can benefit from a facelift?
A Facelift Can Allow You to Fully Enjoy the Effects of Weight Loss
Many patients who undergo massive weight loss, whether through diet and exercise or bariatric surgery, are left with sagging skin in their face and neck. Dr. Heringer understands the disappointment of achieving your weight loss goals and not seeing the results you desired.
When performed by a skilled surgeon, a facelift can target the issues patients typically struggle with after significant weight loss. Patients who have lost a large amount of weight may need additional fat removal or muscle tightening. Dr. Heringer can also combine your facelift with other procedures, such as eyelid surgery or a forehead lift, to help you achieve more dramatic results.
Not sure a facelift is right for you?
Exploring Your Candidacy
Choosing a skilled surgeon is crucial for satisfactory results...
Why Choose Us
for Your Facelift Procedure?
Dr. Heringer is a board-certified facial plastic surgeon. Our practice focuses exclusively on providing reconstructive and cosmetic surgery for the face and eyes. The doctor combines experience, technical skills, and an eye for artistry to offer stunning results for facelift patients.
At Arizona Ocular and Facial Plastic Surgery, we are committed to providing personalized care for all our patients. Dr. Heringer will discuss your goals and provide a customized treatment suited to your needs, goals, and budget.
Let's take a closer look at how the procedure works...
Advanced Facelift Techniques
Provide Stunning Results
At Arizona Ocular and Facial Plastic Surgery, our doctors proudly offer the SMAS (Superficial Musculoaponeurotic System) facelift. This advanced procedure addresses skin as well as underlying muscles to achieve substantial and natural-looking results.
Your surgeon may also incorporate liposuction to remove stubborn fat deposits.
Before surgery, your plastic surgeon will create your unique treatment plan. He will take note of your goals, review your medical history, map out the location of your incisions, and determine the best approach to achieving the results you desire.
Depending on the extent of your treatment, surgery can begin with incisions being placed along your hairline or near your ears. The surgeon will carefully place the incisions to result in minimal scarring. Surgery can also include placement of facial implants for increased volume and refined contours in the cheeks.
Finally, the surgeon will trim away excess tissue, tighten remaining skin, and close the incisions to maintain your refined features.
Minimizing Discomfort during Your Facelift Recovery
As surgeons with exceptional skill, our doctors take extra measures to minimize the chances of potential complications and side effects associated with the procedure. To help ensure optimal results, we will provide detailed instructions regarding your facelift recovery during a consultation.
Patients can usually return to work in about two weeks. However, you should continue to avoid strenuous exercise until otherwise instructed. Following recovery from facelift surgery, many patients choose to complement the results of their facelift with injectable treatments like BOTOX® Cosmetic to reduce fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
The Week of Your Procedure
During the first week of your facelift recovery, you can expect bruising, swelling, and discoloration near the incision sites. It is important to focus on resting and healing at this time and follow post-operative instructions as closely as possible to help minimize any discomfort. These instructions include:
- Cleaning and caring for drainage tubes
- Wearing bandages regularly and changing them when needed
- Using ointments and creams as instructed by your surgeon
- Returning for all post-surgery follow-up appointments
- Avoiding water on your face
- Keeping your face clean and make-up free
- Applying a cool compresses on the eyes
- Avoiding alcohol, aspirin, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications
To prevent infection, you should be taking all prescribed medications as instructed, including antibiotics. Pain management medication may also be prescribed to help alleviate discomfort, although some patients find over-the-counter options to be sufficient. To promote healing and reduce pain, you should keep your head elevated, even while sleeping, and restrict your head and neck movements as much as possible. While it is important to rest at this time, you will also need to move around periodically to stimulate blood flow and prevent the formation of blood clots. You can expect to return to our office five to seven days after your procedure to have your sutures removed.
The Following Weeks
Patients will generally resume everyday activities and return to work one to two weeks after the procedure. Swelling and bruising may persist for several weeks, but should be less noticeable as time passes. As your healing progresses, the positive, rejuvenating results of your facelift will become more pronounced. While you may look and feel better, keep in mind that you will need to continue to follow recovery protocols and activity restrictions until cleared by your doctor. You will be advised to stay away from steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs, and swimming pools for some time following your surgery. Our doctors also advise that you refrain from lifting heavy objects and other strenuous activities until you are fully recovered.
When to Contact Your Doctor
Choosing a reputable surgeon like Dr. Heringer or Dr. McLeish is an important first step to help greatly reduce the risk of side effects and complications. If you experience concerning symptoms, be sure to contact our practice right away. These can include:
- A fever of 100 degrees or higher
- Abnormal discharge from the incisions
- Extreme swelling, tenderness, pain, or reddening near the treatment areas
- Stitches coming undone before they are scheduled to be removed
How Much Does a Facelift Cost?
When you are thinking about undergoing cosmetic surgery, your budget will play a big role in your decision. Therefore, your biggest question as you consider treatment may be, “How much does a facelift cost?” At Arizona Ocular and Facial Plastic Surgery, every procedure is completely personalized. Accordingly, costs are different for each patient. The total for your facelift will depend on a number of factors, including the operating facility you visit, the type of anesthesia used, and the extent of the treatment, among others. During your initial consultation, Dr. Heringer will discuss your budget and help you determine the most cost-effective treatment for your cosmetic goals.
Complexity of the Procedure
Dr. Heringer performs several types of facelifts, including full and mini facelifts. Both treatments are similar and are intended to address deep creases and sagging skin. However, a mini facelift will enhance your jawline and the lower third of your face. With a full facelift, Dr. Heringer will focus on your cheeks and the area near your mouth. A full facelift may also include liposuction or facial implants. Due to the more extensive nature of this procedure, it will cost more than a mini lift. Liposuction and implants will further affect the price. At the same time, plastic surgery will dramatically affect your appearance and your self-esteem for many years. Therefore, while it is important to stay within your budget, Dr. Heringer also wants to plan a procedure that will leave you fully satisfied with your results.
Other Factors That May Impact Your Total Cost
The type of facelift is certainly not the only consideration when we are estimating your total. Other factors include:
- The surgical facility: Your facelift could take place at a hospital or an ambulatory surgery center. Outpatient centers typically charge much less than hospitals that offer additional services and resources. In either case, Dr. Heringer works only at facilities that adhere to the highest safety protocols.
- The type of anesthesia: You may receive general anesthesia prior to your surgery. Other sedation options are available at a lower rate, but they will not put you completely to sleep. Furthermore, anesthesiologists charge different fees largely based on their experience.
- Additional treatments: Liposuction and implants are not the only treatments you can add on to a facelift. Like many patients, you might also choose to supplement your surgery with a brow lift, blepharoplasty, or non-surgical skin treatments. Of course, these other treatments are priced individually.
- Aftercare: We are committed to guiding you through every step of your facelift recovery. Just like the initial procedure, the healing process is individualized. Compression bandages, surgical drains, medications, and other care will influence the cost.
- Revision surgery: If you are unhappy with the results of your initial facelift, you may need a second surgery to improve your appearance. Fortunately, when you visit Dr. Heringer, revision surgery—and its associated expenses—are quite rare.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Heringer will discuss your budget and help you determine the most cost-effective treatment for your cosmetic goals.
Medical Expertise Is Worth the Investment
The experience of your surgeon is a final consideration. Often, less knowledgeable or less qualified doctors charge lower fees to attract new patients. It may be tempting to choose these surgeons to perform your procedure, but it may be an unwise decision in the long run. Not only are you more likely to require revision surgery, you could also place yourself at higher risk for serious or even life-threatening complications. In contrast, Dr. Heringer has the experience needed to perform your procedure while adhering to the highest safety protocols. With his precision and eye for artistry, he can also provide stunning final results.
Benefits of Your Facelift
Following your recovery, you can expect many valuable benefits:
- Firmer, more youthful skin
- Enhanced facial contours, especially around the chin and jaw
- A smoother, more defined neck
- Long-lasting, natural-looking results
- A rejuvenated, happier appearance
- Boosted self-confidence
Dr. Dustin Heringer
Dr. Heringer is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has practiced since 2013. He strives to achieve the most natural-looking results using the most conservative treatment methods. He is proud to be affiliated with several prestigious organizations, including:
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Board of Ophthalmology
For more information about our services, contact Arizona Ocular and Facial Plastic Surgery online or call (480) 949-5990 today.
It's hard to find a great ocular plastic surgeon; Dr Heringer is one of them.Wanda C.